Through out the year Father’s House run a range course to help people gain a greater understanding of the Christian faith and to equip people for every day challenges. These include The Marriage Course and Alpha. Please see below for further details or ring the church office to find out when the next course will begin.
The Marriage Course
What is The Marriage Course?
A series of sessions set in a fantastic atmosphere. You will be served with a meal and/or coffee, tea and dessert at a table for two while listening to practical talks that are informative and fun, either given live or played on DVD.
There is never any group work and you will never be asked to share anything about your relationship with anyone other than your partner.
Why do the course?
- Regular check-ups help a car run smoothly and reduce the risk of breakdown.
- The best sports professionals spend hours being coached and perfecting their technique.
- The greatest achievements in life take practice, training and dedication.
It is the same with marriage. A strong, loving and lifelong relationship doesn’t happen by chance. It takes effort and dedication to keep the fun and romance alive. We can all learn how to make even the happiest marriage better.
The Alpha Course
What is Alpha?
The Alpha course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith. It is relaxed, low key, friendly and fun. It’s a place where people can come and ask questions, delve into issues and look for answers together.
The Alpha course consists of a series of talks looking at topics such as ‘Who is Jesus?’ and ‘Why and how do I pray?’ After each talk we divide into small groups for a time of discussion.
Who is Alpha for?
- Those wanting to investigate Christianity.
- New Christians
- Newcomers to the church
- Those who want to brush up on the basics
The CAP Money Course
What is CAP Money?
CAP Money is a revolutionary money management course that teaches people budgeting skills and a simple, cash-based system that really works. This course will help anyone to get more in control of their finances, so they can save, give and prevent debt. CAP Money is a course devised by the award winning debt counseling charity, Christians Against Poverty.
What CAP Money teaches.
CAP Money is a three-session course that features DVD presentations by John Kirkby, CAP’s Founder and International Director, and Matt Barlow, CAP’s UK Chief Executive. During the three sessions you will learn:
- How to build and live on a budget. This is the cornerstone of managing your money well. The session includes advice on how to increase your income and how to cut costs.
- The CAP Money system. This system will help to simplify your money and make it understandable. It operates using three accounts for your money: a regular payments account, a cash account and a savings account.
- How to live from week to week using cash. Living on cash and getting away from cards means you know exactly where you are and helps you to spend less money. It’s statistically proven that you spend 33% less money when paying by cash rather than cards
By applying these three principles, you will learn how to manage your money, and live your life!
After watching the DVDs, trained CAP Money Coaches will be available to help you build your budget and answer any questions you may have. A unique benefit of CAP Money is that, if you discover that you can’t balance your budget and pay off any debts, you will be able to access CAP Money Plus. This is an Internet-based debt counselling service from Christians Against Poverty.
For more information please contact the church office on 01709 878766.